- ABOUT UPCM
- HEALTH INFO
Guidelines for Application for an Elective Rotation at the UP College of Medicine
Rationale and Background
Through the years, the UP College of Medicine has endeavored to fulfill its vision/ mission statement to be a leader and to excel in Community-Oriented Medical Education. At the same time, the College is also called upon by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) "to encourage and promote a borderless education for Filipino students to attain knowledge skills and desirable attitudes that will make them globally competitive in medical education."
Changes in higher education have encouraged participation in the development of a spirit of solidarity, based on networking, twinning programs and other forms of linkages. This is in keeping with a new vision of a Global University or a University for the world welcoming International Scholars and Students.
International exchanges, cooperative programs with community training and a wide array of administrative services are being laid out for the development of a distinct commitment, attitude and global awareness which transcend the entire higher education institute. Former CHED Commissioner Ester Garcia, has said " internationalization is no longer a choice but a setting stage for ensuring quality in higher education in the Philippines."
On this note, the UP College of Medicine will encourage the crossing of educational and cultural barriers towards the development of a globally competitive curriculum and high quality students.
To establish and promote international linkages, cooperation and networking among our medical students towards the development of globally competitive and socially conscious medical graduates.
1.1 International students are encouraged to apply for elective, clinical, community or research rotation to one or 2 departments offering an elective for a specific period of time, usually 4 to 8 weeks per department.
1.2 Application will be done through a written application form (IS-1) obtained from the Dean's office (Download the IS-1 Application Form for Clinical Elective Rotation in pdf format) stating among others the:
1) applicant's short bio-data,
2) learning objectives and methods for achieving the objectives (Download the Learning Contract Form in pdf format),
3) the Clinical Department to rotate in
4) the period covered by such rotation
5) waiver (Download the Waiver in pdf format), and
6) scanned passport (See attached form)
All International Undergraduate Students application pass through the Associate Dean for Academics Development (ADAD)
1.3 The application is forwarded to the Department/s concerned. During this time, modifications and arrangements with the applicant will be done by the Department Coordinator (LU 6 ) to come up with a final learning contract including duration and date of rotation. This will be signed by the applicant and agreed upon by his 2 supervisors: one from the Department LU6 coordinator or Department Chair of the UP College of Medicine and the other from a person of equal rank from his home institution.
1.4 An official letter of acceptance will then be sent to the applicant with instructions to report to the ADAD office upon arrival for a formal registration and orientation.
1.5. The following are the Documents to be completed by the applicant prior to official acceptance.
• Application Form with Conforme (IS-1) (Download the IS-1 Application Form for Clinical Elective Rotation in pdf format)
• Biodata or Curriculum Vitae
• Learning Contract duly approved by YL 6 Coordinator (Download the Learning Contract Form in pdf format)
• Recommendation Letter from Home Institution (Dean's or Registrar’s)
• Immunization Certification (include antibody Hepa A & B vaccine, Varicella, Tetanus toxoid, MMR, HIV test results & Chest X-Ray taken within the last 6 months prior to rotation)
• A copy of a Health and Accident Insurance Certificate (coverage applicable in the Philippines)
• Waiver form (Download the Waiver in pdf format)
• A copy of scanned Passport
2. Upon Arrival
2.1 The Student will report to the Associate Dean for Academics Development (ADAD) office for Orientation. Student Records office will give his/her the Form 5 for his/her official registration and enrollment.
2.2 He/She will undergo a physical examination with the Health Service of PGH
2.3 He/She proceeds to the Office of Student Affairs-International Students Relations at the 3rd Floor Student Center Bldg. for processing of his/her temporary or provisional study permit. He/She should bring along his/her travel papers, passport, visa permit and other pertinent documents. A maximum of one semester (5 months) can be allowed for issuance of a temporary or provisional study permit.
2.4 He/She proceeds to the Registrar's Office for the assessment and payment of fees which will go to the Educational Development Fund. A $ 300 (summer elective) or $ 450 (semestral elective) fee is collectible. In addition a tuition fee equivalent to the duration of a clinical rotation will be assessed and added accordingly. Approximately $ 110 per month ( $ 50 tuition fee + $ 60 hospital fee) will be included. (Tuition and Hospital fees are subject to change)
2.5 The student is then officially registered and enrolled upon completion of the above procedures
3. At the End of the Elective Rotation
3.1 Department Chair thru Learning Unit 6 Coordinator will submit to the Dean's Office the grade or evaluation of the student.
3.2 The Dean through the College Secretary officially endorses and submits the grade to the student’s institution and provides the certification for the clinical rotation.
3.3 The International Student should inform the PGH Director of the completion of his rotation.
Housing and Accommodation
The College of Medicine does not have a student dormitory and the student will have to look for his own accommodations. However, there are private inns, hostels, apartelle and condominium units available around the campus with rates ranging from USD$150 to USD$400 per month. A list will be available upon request.
General Policy for Elective Rotation of International Students
1. All International Undergraduate Students rotating in all Departments must be registered and duly approved by the Dean's Office. No certification will be issued unless this is accomplished.
2. Tuition fee, registration fees and other miscellaneous fees should be assessed and paid by the students at the Registrar's Office.
3. The certificate of completion of Elective Rotation will be signed by the Dean, College Secretary, the PGH Director, and the Department Chair.
4. International Undergraduate Students are subject to the rules of Conduct and Discipline provided by the University Code and the Student Handbook.
Theme by Danetsoft and Danang Probo Sayekti inspired by Maksimer fragmanlar myblog canalblog storify blog socialbookmarksite fragman turktv turk tv sitesi - fragsiyon - media tv sitesi - tv fragman video - tv vizyon - yeni son fragman - kurtlar tv - guncel tv haber tv fragmanlari izle tv haberleri tv fragmanlari izle yeni fragman guncel tv tv blog fragman tv media tv dizi film izle tv fragman web bookmarks social entertainment writers cafe submit entry create your project cine culture fragsiyon online media newest news web share red vision show times page master blogcu historical merhamet dizisi kiraz cicegi vision media hd izle indirmeden izle